As the 2012 fiscal year gets underway we can recap some of the association accomplishments thus far:
* Increased Spring Show revenues through the sale of over 260 exhibitor booth spaces. We also added more food vendors. Final numbers still being formulated at this time. The addition of Perkins Restaurant as the major sponsor of the Spring Show brought 78,000+ in promo value to Mount Dora via 59 TV commercials aired on WFTV Channel 9 throughout Central FL in addition to over 120 radio spots on WMMO 98.9, K92 FM, Star 94.5 and WDBO. Prior to Perkins the promo package value was less than $40,000 and included radio and internet consideration only. Total promo package outlined below:
For the Mount Dora Spring Antiques, Collectibles and Crafts Show, Visit Mount Dora received the following assets from the Cox Events Group:
- Inclusion in 27 :30 promotional radio spots on News Talk WDBO on FM96.5
- Inclusion in 25 :30 promotional radio spots on 98.9 WMMO
- Inclusion in 28 :30 promotional radio spots on K92.3
- Inclusion in 32 :30 promotional radio spots on STAR 94.5
This amounts to a total of 112 promotional spots through radio support, valued at $28,000 ($250 per spot average)
- Inclusion in 59 :30 promotional television spots on WFTV Channel 9
This television media is valued at $44,250 ($750 per spot average)
The Mount Dora Spring Antiques, Collectibles and Crafts Show was also included in the following digital media:
- A custom channel built on all four Cox Radio Station web sites promoting the event with the Visit Mount Dora logo included on each page
- An event listing on icflorida.com (WFTV’s event web site and most-viewed event web site in Orlando) with the Visit Mount Dora logo included on the page
This digital media is valued at $5,800 ($1,000 per radio station custom channel and $1,800 per television station web listing)
Through those three avenues of promotional support, Visit Mount Dora received $78,050 from the Cox Events Group for the Mount Dora Spring Antiques, Collectibles and Crafts Show.
As the 2011 fiscal year comes to an end we can reflect back on some of the association’s accomplishments:
* Increased Craft Fair revenues to over $165,000 vs $45,000 in expenses. Record breaking attendance estimated at over 350,000 by the Mount Dora Police Department. Record number of exhibitor booths sold at 386 while taking in nearly 600 applications on the new automated online system. VisitMountDora(tm) receives $30 in application and jury fees for every application whether the exhibitor is accepted into the show or not. The Cox Events Group promo packages was valued at over $103,000 and included 74 TV spots, over 250 radio spots and digital media on all radio station websites. The Sentinel promo package included 100,000 inserts delivered to select zip codes one week prior to the event.
*Increased Spring Show revenues to $21,000 vs $13,000 in expenses via the addition of booth spaces sold to exhibitors. Total booth spaces for the show were 218. Promo package offered by Cox Events Group equivalent to $38,000 in radio and digital media consideration. Sentinel promo package included 100,000 inserts delivered to select Central FL zip codes one week prior to the event.
As the 2010 fiscal year comes to an end we can reflect back on some of the association’s accomplishments:
*Increased annual marketing budget from $85,000 to over $300,000 through media partnerships and event sponsorships.
# $103,000 promotional contract for sponsorship with Cox Media Group which includes radio, TV, internet and cash consideration.
# Over $25,000 in print consideration via a promotional agreement with the Orlando Sentinel resulting in the circulation of 100,000 Craft Fair inserts and 58,000 Spring Show inserts.
*Continued and improved a 12 month multi-faceted marketing campaign with clear and measurable results:
# Record breaking attendance at the 2010 Spring Show. Over 58,000 attendees per Police estimates, up from 8,000 attendees in 2009. Efforts resulted in 200 show participants up from a high of 68 in previous years.
# Record breaking attendance at the 2010 Craft Fair. Between 300,000 & 325,000 per Police estimates, up from 265,000 in 2009. Efforts resulted in nearly 400 juried show participants from over 500 applications. Over 200 show participants have already re-applied for 2011 Craft Fair via our new automated online system up from a high of 60 in previous years that applied early.
# The capture of over 10,000 email addresses from registrants to the very successful Sweepstakes Getaway Contest resulting in a successful monthly email marketing campaign.
# $500 monthly Google AdWords campaign has resulted in nearly 200,000 unique internet visitors to our websites.
# Created and maintained association website/internet assets: